Living Box to Box

Living Box to Box

Sunday, January 31, 2016

January 2016 Stitch Fix Review


I must start this post with this, I have no photographer. I've asked my husband but he is always trying to talk to me or rush me because he wants to get back to whatever it was I pulled him away from to take the pictures. Although he is an amazing man, he's just not a good photographer. So.... it's just me and my selfie stick and I'm not good at selfies lol.

My fix was scheduled to arrive today, January 30th, but actually arrived 2 days ago!! I didn't get around to trying anything on till today though.

This is fix number 10 for me and I asked my stylist for some colorful, warm, full length sleeve, sweaters and cardigans and boy did Kristen deliver!!


RD Style Colton Marled Knit Cardigan - I'm not going to lie, when I pulled this out of the box I thought grandma... Baby pink is actually my favorite color but I just wasn't feeling this one. Kristen mentioned seeing some longer style cardigans on my pintrest board so I understand why she chose this. I first tried pairing it with a button up shirt.


Then a faux Henley.

And lastly a basic long sleeve tee.

RD Style Donno Embellished Neckline Sweater - I loved this when I first pulled it out of the box. When I tried it on though, it felt a bit boxy.
Until, I put it over a collared shirt. I just loved it pair with the polka dot and floral shirts. 


I also love the back cut out. It's perfect for a little pop of print or color.



Kut From The Kloth Kate Distressed Boyfriend Jean - I've been hearing people rave about the boyfriend jeans for quite a while. I had never tried a pair, until now. After a little Google and pinterest research I reached for my white converse. I felt this was probably the easiest way to go. I really wasn't sure what to do with the cuffs. I'm pretty short (5'3") but have fairly long legs. However, these fell pretty low on me. So back to Google I went for cuffing options.

I seen some people pair these with heels and wedges for a more dressed up/night out look. So I gave it a shot. I pulled out these wedges and am overall happy with the look. Perhaps later I'll try them with heels but perhaps not lol.



RD Style Maly Cable Knit Pullover Sweater - This is a long sleeve, heavy, warm piece and that's exactly what I wanted. Plus the color is just awesome!!
 I started out with just throwing a cami under it.

I decided to pair it with my collared shirts that I already had out. I like the floral, but I think I love the polka dots!!



 



Street Level Meyer Tassel Clutch - Last but not least is this clutch.


When I first seen it I was bummed because I liked the design and thought the color would be so versatile. However I'm not good about not loosing things that aren't attached to me. Plus I was a little unsure about the size. However, once I looked inside I seen it had a detachable gold chain strap. I love when things can be worn/used multiple ways.


 

The Breakdown

If you’re following along, here is what I decided to keep from my January Stitch Fix shipment: Maly Cable Knit Pullover Sweater from RD Style -- KEEP Meyer Tassel Clutch from Street Level  -- KEEP Kate Distressed Boyfriend Jean from Kut From The Cloth -- KEEP (but asking for a size exchange) Colton Marled Knit Cardigan from RD Style -- KEEP (Kept this for discount only but sold it on a Stitch Fix board) Donno Embellished Neckline Sweater from RD Style -- KEEP

Try Stitch Fix and Change the Way You Shop for Clothes

Now that you’ve seen what arrived in my January Stitch Fix shipment, let me fill you in on this amazing personal styling service. Stitch Fix delivers clothes direct to your door that are hand-picked just for you. Getting started is easy. Just complete your FREE style profile. There is no commitment and no need to purchase anything when you fill out your style profile. When you are ready, you can schedule a fix. For a $20 styling fee, you will be matched with your own personal stylist who will review your style profile and select five items just for you and ship them directly to your home. Shipping is free and you have three days to try the items on in the comfort of your own home. I love using the time to mix and match pieces with items I already own so I have a clear idea of how I would wear the item. Keep the items you love, check out online and return any unwanted pieces in the prepaid shipping envelope that in included in your fix. Returns are free too.

When you check out, you can schedule your next fix or wait a while and manually schedule a fix when you are ready for your next shipment of clothes. You have the option of using Stitch Fix as a subscription service or as a special treat once in a while. You can even request an outfit for an upcoming special occasion, such as a wedding or a vacation. You can personalize your Stitch Fix experience even further by setting price limits or informing your stylist that you don’t want a certain type of clothes (such as dresses or outerwear). Stitch Fix allows you to completely customize your experience.

If you’re new to Stitch Fix and are ready to give it a try, sign up using my referral link, by clicking here. I receive a small commission each time someone signs up using my link.


No comments:

Post a Comment